Your presence here shows that you are looking for Mil dot scope for 17 HMR. Congratulations! You are at the right place. We have compiled a list of best mil dot scope for 17 hmr. All the best selling and top rated scopes for 17 hmr rifles are included in our list. All you have to do is to read the article up to end to pick the right mil dot scope for 17 hmr rifle.
Vortex Mil dot scope for 17 HMR Rifle (Viper 6.5-20×50)
- Magnification Power: Comes with a wide magnification range of 6.5x to 20x.
- Objective Lens: Ultra large objective lens of 50mm for outstanding clarity.
- Color: This best scope for a 17 hmr comes in black shading only.
- Tube Diameter: Its main tube diameter is 30mm which is larger than 1 inch tubes.
- Field of View (6.5x): At min magnification, Fov is 17.4 feet/ 100 yards.
- Field of View (20x): At max power, its field of view is 6.2 feet / 100 yards.
- Focal Plane: Mil dot reticle is placed in the second focal plane.
- Illumination Type: Its Non illuminated scope.
- Illumination Color: No Illumination.
- Eye Relief (Low): At 6.5x, the eye relief is 3.3 inches.
- Eye Relief (High): At 20x, its eye relief is 3.1 inches.
- Turret Style: The turrets of this scope are tall capped.
- Weight: It weighs 21.6 ounces.
- Length: The overall length of the Viper 6.5-20x scope is 14.44 inches.
- Width: Width of this 17 HMR scope is 4.25 inches.
- Height: It is 2.27 inches tall.
- Adjustment Graduation: Comes with a quarter MOA per click graduation.
- Travel per Rotation: Graduation travels 12 MOA per rotation.
- Parallax Settings: Parallax settings range from 50 yards to infinity.
- Optical Coatings: This scope is equipped with the optics having XR fully coatings.
- Max Windage Adjustment: Maximum adjustment for windage has a value of 65 MOA.
- Max Elevation Adjustment: Maximum Elevation Adjustment is also 65 MOA.
- Exit Pupil: The Exit Pupil ranges from 2.5mm to 7.69mm.
- Construction Material: Made with a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Water proof: O ring seals make it fully waterproof for reliable performance even in wet conditions.
- Fogproof: Argon gas filling prevents the internal fogging.
- Shockproof: High-quality construction make it able to withstand harsh conditions.
- Finish: Low glare, matte hard anodized Finish.
- Warranty: Vortex Optics offers VIP lifetime warranty.
Our first pick for the list of best Mil dot scope for 17 HMR rifles is from well known Vortex Optics family. They are famous for their world class quality products that don’t let down the users even in the most unfavorable conditions.
The Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50 is an outstanding candidate for precision shooting and extended range hunting. Its wide objective lens along with high magnification power offers long range precision even on very small targets.
The Mil Dot MOA reticle of this scope is positioned in the second focal plane. The size of the reticle does not change with the magnification power changes to maintain the same appearance.
It is equipped with the Extra-low dispersion lenses with XR fully multi coatings to provide the crisp, clear, and sharp images of the target for ultimate performance in the field.
Its Single-Piece Tube is made with aircraft-grade aluminum alloy to offer optimum visual performance. This scope for .17 Hornady Magnum Rim-fire rifles is fully waterproof, fog proof and has ability to withstand recoil and impact.
The Precision-Force Spring System of this scope allows for maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment. Its Precision-Glide Erector System ensures smooth gliding across all magnification range. Moreover, the MAG-Bar feature allows quick power changes with ease.
Best Leupold Scope for .17 HMR (Mark MOD 1)
- Power: Magnification power ranges from a minimum of 3x to a maximum of 9x.
- Objective Lens: Leupold Mark MOD 1 carries an objective lens of 40mm.
- Weight: It’s weight is 12.40 ounces.
- Length: This best scope for .17 HMR is 12.6 inches long.
- Linear Field of View (Low): The linear field of view at the lowest magnification is 33.50 feet/100 yards.
- Linear Field of VIew (High): Its linear field of view at maximum power is 14.10 feet / 100 yards.
- Elevation Adjustment Range: Elevation adjustment has a range of 56 MOA.
- Windage Adjustment Range: The Windage adjustment range is 52 MOA.
- Width: This scope is 12.6 inches wide.
- Height: The overall height is 1.6 inches.
- Eye Relief (Max): At maximum power, the eye relief is 3.60 inches.
- Eye Relief (Min): At lowest power, it’s eye relief is 4.30 inches.
- Tube Diameter: Main tube diameter is 1 inch.
- Eyepiece Length: The length of the eyepiece is 3.20 inches.
- Objective Length: Objective of this .17 HMR scope is 3.50 inches long.
- Mounting Space: Mounting space length is 5.5 inches.
- Focal Plane: It is a second focal plane reticle.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil ranges from 4.44 mm to 13.33 mm.
- Adjustment Type: It comes with Mil Rad adjustment.
- Adjustment Graduation: 0.1 Mil Rad per click adjustment graduation.
- Adjustment Range: Total adjustment range is 108 MOA.
- Material: Constructed from high grade polymer and 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Dial/Turret: Comes with P5 turret style.
- Finish: Low glare Matte black finish.
- Waterproof: 100 percent waterproof for maximum performance.
- Fogproof: Fully fog proof construction.
- Shock proof: This scope is also shock proof.
- Warranty: Backed by Leopold full lifetime guarantee.
Our next candidate on the list of best mil dot scopes for 17 hmr rifles is designed, machined, and assembled in the United States. So, you don’t need to worry about the quality of this scope.
To reach out a little bit farther, You need a quality glass with multi coatings. So, this scope carries a Military standard scratch resistant Multi-coat 4 lens system to offer outstanding light transmission for incredible clarity even in extreme low-light conditions.
This mil dot scope for 17 hmr rifles won’t let the weather stand between you and accurate shooting. Thanks to its full waterproof body and Argon / Krypton gas blend which eliminates the internal fogging to ensure thermal shock prevention.
The guys at Leupold take quality very serious therefore they packed the scope into an Ultra-lightweight 1-inch main tube that is made with the high grade polymer and aircraft quality aluminum alloy. Despite being lightweight, it provides enhanced durability.
It is equipped with the aggressively knurled power selector for quick and easy dialing. Moreover, the P5 turret of this scope for 17 hmr savage comes with 0.1 mil dials for fast elevation and windage adjustments.
Burris scope for 17 HMR (Fullfield II Riflescope 6.5-20×50)
- Magnification Power: Magnification ranges from 6.5x to 20x.
- Objective Lens: Ultra large objective lens having a diameter of 50mm.
- Reticle: It carries a Ballistic Mil Dot reticle.
- Reticle Color: The color of the reticle is black.
- Focal Plane: Ballistic Mil Dot reticle is placed in the rear focal plane.
- Color: The color of this Burris scope for 17 HMR is black.
- Knob Style: Comes with the capped hunter style knobs.
- Ocular Lens Diameter: The diameter of the ocular lens is 39mm.
- Illumination: It is Non-illuminated scope.
- Click Value: ¼ MOA graduation value per click.
- Field of View (6.5x): At low mag, linear FOV is 18 feet at 100 yards distance.
- Field of View (20s): At high power, the linear FOV is 6 feet at 100 yards.
- Adjustment Type: It’s Adjustment type is MOA.
- Elevation Adjustment: Total capability of elevation adjustment is 30 MOA.
- Windage Adjustment: Total windage adjustment capability is also 30 MOA.
- Eye Relief (Max): At 20x, eye relief is 3.1 inches.
- Eye Relief (Min): At 6.5x, its eye relief is 3.6 inches.
- Focus: Parallax adjustment is done with Objective PA.
- Finish: This mil dot scope for 17 HMR looks great in Matte black Finish.
- Glass: It carries High-grade optical lenses for excellent clarity.
- Coatings: Hi-Lume multi coatings to increase success rate.
- Weight: Burris Fullfield II Riflescope 6.5-20×50 weighs only 19 ounces.
- Length: It is 14.5 inches long.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil ranges from 7.6 mm at low power to 2.5 mm at the maximum power.
- Fabric: The material used to construct it is high quality aluminum alloy.
- Waterproof: Fully Waterproof performance in all weather conditions.
- Fog Proof: 100 percent fog proof scope for a 17 hmr.
- Shockproof: Can withstand the abuse of field use.
- Warranty: No Receipt Needed Burris Forever Warranty.
Burris has made a name for tactical-style scopes. Fullfield II 6.5-20×50 mm Riflescope is a great example of Burris quality. This best scope for a 17 hmr allows you to place your bullets with extreme precision to some significant distances.
The 20x zoom and incredibly versatile Ballistic Mil-Dot reticle make this scope the perfect choice for serious hunters and shooters. Another impressive feature of this scope is its huge 50mm objective lens that provides a nice bright view.
Its incredible low-light performance is made possible by its exceptional features such as precision-ground lenses with Hi-Lume multi coatings. It delivers a bright, clear, and well detailed target picture to increase your success rate.
The fully weatherproof body of this mil dot scope for 17 hmr is Nitrogen filled to ensure uncompromising performance even in cold and rain. Its solid 1-piece outer tube shield it from the impact of the rigorous field use. The No Receipt Needed Burris Forever Warranty allows you to shoot with confidence.
Primary Arms Mil Dot Scope for 17 HMR (SLX 4-14x44mm)
- Max Power: Highest magnification power is 14x.
- Min Power: Lowest Magnification power of this scope is 4x.
- Type: Variable Power scope for 17 HMR rifles.
- Objective Lens Diameter: Comes with a big objective lens of 44 mm.
- Reticle: It features a Traditional MIL-DOT reticle.
- Focal Plane: Non-illuminated Mil-Dot reticle is positioned in the FFP (First focal plane).
- Field of View (Low): The field of view is 27.20 feet at lowest magnification power at 100 yards distance.
- Field of View (High): At 100 yards distance, the Field of view is 7.85 feet at 14x magnification.
- Adjustment Type: The adjustment type for this mil dot scope for 17 HMR is Mil Rad.
- Click Value: 0.1 Mil graduation per click value.
- Eye Relief (Min): At 4x, it has a generous eye relief of 3.22 inches.
- Eye Relief (Max): At 14x, it has a respectable eye relief value of 3.14 inches.
- Total Elevation Adjustment: Total elevation adjustment value is 17.5 MIL.
- Total Windage Adjustment: The total windage adjustment value is also 17.5 MIL.
- Illumination Type: Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm is a non illuminated scope.
- Illumination Color: None.
- Exit Pupil Diameter (4x): At Lower magnification power, exit pupil dia is 11.20 mm.
- Exit Pupil Diameter (14x): At Higher Power, the diameter of the exit pupil is 3.30 mm.
- Weight: This good scope for 17 hmr savage has a weight of 23.9 ounces.
- Length: The length of the scope is 13 inches.
- Tube Diameter: Main tube is 30 mm wide.
- Turrets: Exposed Finger Adjustable Zero Reset target turrets.
- Color: Comes in balck color only.
- Finish: Anodized Matte black finish.
- Parallax: Parallax adjustment ranges from 10 yards to infinity.
- Material: High strength aircraft grade 6063 Aluminum alloy.
- Fog Proof: Nitrogen purging makes it fog proof.
- Water Proof: Fully waterproof for unrivaled performance.
- Shockproof: Rugged construction makes it shockproof.
- Warranty: Primary Arms offers 3 years warranty for this scope.
Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm scope finds a place in this list because of its amazing features and incredible performance. The combination of price and quality is hard to beat for any mil dot scope for 17 hmr rifles.
The Primary Arms SLX 4-14×44 mm is a great option for those that need years of hard use at a reasonable price range. Despite being cheap, it is still packed with outstanding features to deliver unfailing performance.
Traditional MIL-DOT reticle is positioned in the first focal plane, so the size of the reticle changes with the magnification power changes. The Mil dot reticle is coupled with the properly matched Mil adjustments for accurate range, holdover, and wind drift compensation.
Another highlight found in this scope is its High strength aircraft grade aluminum body for rugged reliability and unfailing performance in the field to master every scenario. Its tank like construction is in response to the demands of customers.