Vortex optics is known for its indestructible and highly resistant rifle scopes that are loaded with an array of Innovative features. We have selected the best selling, top 5 best vortex scope for elk hunting in 2023 from so many options on the market.
So, have a look at our list of best vortex scope for elk hunting.
Vortex Optics Diamondback [Best Scope for Elk Hunting in Colorado]
Features and Specifications:
- Mag Power: Comes with the variable magnification of 4-12x.
- Objective Lens: The objective lens dia is 40 mm.
- Field of View: Its linear field of view ranges from 32.4 to 11.3 feet per 100 yards.
- Eye Relief: It has a respectable eye relief of 3.1 inches.
- Length: This best vortex elk scope is 12 inches long.
- Width: It has a width of 2.38 inches.
- Height: Overall height is 1.89 inches.
- Weight: Diamondback weighs 14.6 oz.
- Tube Size: The main tube of this best vortex scope for elk hunting is 1 inch wide.
- Adjustment Type: Comes with MOA adjustments.
- Adjustment Graduation: ¼ MOA per click graduation value.
- Elevation Adjustment: Total Elevation adjustments range is 60 MOA.
- Windage Adjustment: Total windage adjustment range is also 60 MOA.
- Travel Per Rotation: Diamondback has 15 MOA travel per rotation.
- Parallax Settings: 100 yards parallax settings.
- Fabric: This best vortex scope for elk hunting is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum material.
- Reticle: It carries Dead hold BDC reticle.
- Focal Plane: The BDC reticle is positioned in the second focal plane.
- Waterproof: Offers waterproof performance in all environments.
- Fog Proof: Delivers fog proof ness over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shock Proof: It has the ability to withstand recoil and impacts.
- Turrets: No tool is needed for reindexing the turrets.
- Finish: Hard Anodized finish.
- Lens: Premium quality glass material.
- Coatings: Anti-reflective coatings for enhanced light transmission.
- Color: Comes in black color.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil ranges from 3.3 mm to 10 mm.
- Warranty: Vortex takes care of you with its VIP Lifetime warranty.
Many people put their budget before all else. If that’s you, then the Vortex Optics Diamondback rifle scope for elk hunting is a great option for you. It delivers years of hard use at an affordable price range.
The Diamondback is available in different sizes. All are the best size scope for elk hunting in today’s market. Available sizes are 1.75-5×32, 3-9×40, 3.5-10×50, and 4-12×40. There are two reticle styles; Dead hold BDC, and V plex.
This is one of the best big game hunting scopes that carries a Dead-Hold BDC reticle. This reticle gives you the confidence of placing your bullets with extreme precision even on long-range targets.
Its high-quality optics with multiple anti-reflective proprietary coatings enhance light transmission for a clear image of the target. It means that you can use it without worry even in low light conditions.
Another thing that comes from this best scope for elk hunting in Colorado is its inside construction. The one-inch main tube fabricated from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy is an ideal choice for a wide range of applications.
Single piece main tube ensures strength, and waterproofness, is fog proof, and has the ability to withstand heavy recoil and impacts in the field. This best vortex scope for elk hunting is highly durable and comes in a low-glare anodized finish.
The Precision Glide Erector System delivers smooth gliding of the zoom lens through all magnification power ranges for high-precision shooting. Moreover, if you ever face any problem, Vortex backs its products with a fully transferable VIP warranty.
Pros and Cons of Vortex Optics Diamondback big game hunting scopes
Vortex Optics Viper [Best Vortex Scope for Elk Hunting in 2023]
Features and Specifications:
- Magnification: Variable Power ranges from 6.5x to 20x.
- Objective Lens: Ultra-wide objective lens of 50 mm diameter.
- Reticle: Customized designed Dead-Hold BDC reticle.
- Focal Plane: Reticle is placed in the rear focal plane to keep the same sized appearance across all magnification ranges.
- Adjustment Graduation: The adjustment graduation value is 0.25 MOA per click.
- Travel per Rotation: This best scope for 30-06 elk hunting has 12 MOA per rotation.
- Elevation Adjustment: 65 MOA elevation adjustments value.
- Windage Adjustment: It has also a 65 MOA windage adjustment.
- Parallax Settings: Parallax adjustment is from 50 yards to infinity.
- Weight: Viper 6.5-20×50 mm weighs 21.6 oz.
- Length: This best vortex scope for elk hunting is 14.44 inches long.
- Width: The width is 4.25 inches.
- Height: Height is 2.27 inches.
- Eye Relief (Max Power): At max power, eye relief is 3.1 inches.
- Tube Size: It is housed in a 30 mm wide tube.
- Material: Fabricated from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Single Piece Tube: Single piece tube for improved accuracy and better performance.
- Turrets Style: Capped reset turrets for fast reindexing.
- Field of View: The field of view is from 17.4 feet to 6.2 feet at 100 yards.
- Finish: Highly durable hard anodized finish.
- Waterproof: O ring seals make it fully waterproof.
- Fog Proof: Argon gas purging provides fog proof.
- Shock Proof: Rugged construction allows shockproof performance in the field.
- XD Glass: Comes with XD glass that increases resolution to offer sharp images.
- Armor Tek: Scratch-resistant Armor Tek coating protects the outer lens.
- Side Focus: Adjustments mounted on the left side of the main tube are finger accessible.
- Spring System: Precision force spring system for quick and easy adjustments.
- Erector System: This system helps in the smooth gliding of the zoom lens.
- Mag Bar: Mag bar provides power changes with ease.
- Eye Piece: Fast-focus eyepiece for rapid reticle focusing.
- Vortex Warranty: VIP Lifetime Warranty for these optics for elk hunting.
Purchasing Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50 for Elk Hunting will be one of the best experiences ever as it delivers incredible performance with its premium features. This scope costs much less than other scopes of the same power on the market.
This scope comes in two sizes, you can choose from 6.5-20×50 mm and 6.5-20×44 mm. There are also two reticle styles that allow you to select the best one according to your needs; Dead hold BDC and Mil-Dot reticle.
If estimating holdover is a problem for you at extended ranges then the Dead-Hold BDC reticle is a perfect choice for you. It saves you from guesswork on windage corrections and holdovers.
The Extra-low dispersion lenses coupled with the XR Fully Multiple coatings provide crisp and sharp images from dawn till dusk. Moreover, the armor tek coating on the exterior lens offers scratch-resistant performance in unforgiving conditions.
Its 30mm wide one-piece tube with a huge 50mm objective lens not only ensures enhanced visual performance but also increases strength. The fully weatherproof body is built with a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum.
The adjustment knobs are capped and work on a ¼ MOA per click turn system. Its audible clicks make the adjustments easy. The external caps protect the turrets. No tool is needed for zeroing.
Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50 mm is equipped with the Precision Force Spring System and Precision Glide Erector System. The spring system ensures smooth adjustments whereas the erector system helps in the smooth gliding of the zoom lens. Additionally, MAG Bar offers rapid power changes with ease.
Pros and Cons of Vortex Optics Viper Rifle Scope For Elk Hunting
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle [Best Scope for 308 Elk Hunting]
Features and Specifications:
- Magnification Type: This best vortex scope for elk hunting also has variable magnification power.
- Power: Magnification power has range from 4x to 24x.
- Objective Lens Diameter: Obj lens dia of this elk hunting scope is also 50 mm.
- Color: Vortex Optics Strike Eagle comes in black color.
- Weight: Weight is 25.6 ounces.
- Length: Overall length is 14.9 inches.
- Eye Relief (Max Mag): At 24x power, its eye relief is 3.5 inches.
- Tube Size: Ruggedly built main tube diameter is 30 mm.
- Turrets Style: Tactical styled turrets.
- Field of View: At 4x field of view is 26.2 feet, at 24x its field of view is 4.3 feet/100 yards.
- Reticle: It carries EBR 4 MOA reticle that is designed to maximize long range shooting and hunting.
- Focal Plane: EBR 4 MOA reticle is located in the Second focal plane (SFP).
- Adjustment Graduation: Adjustment graduation works on ¼ MOA per click.
- Max Elevation Adjustments: Maximum elevation adjustment range is 80 MOA.
- Max Windage Adjustments: Maximum Windage adjustment range is also 80 MOA.
- Travel Per Rotation: Vortex SE 1627 scope for 308 elk hunting has 12 MOA travel per rotation.
- Parallax Settings: You can set parallax from 20 yards to infinity.
- Fabric/Material: Made from high strength aircraft grade aluminum alloy.
- Lens Elements: Extra low dispersion (XD) lens glass for high resolution images.
- Coatings: Multiple anti reflective coatings for increased light transmission.
- Illumination: Glass Etched Illuminated Reticle delivers precise aiming in any lighting condition.
- Illumination Color: Reticle is illuminated in red color.
- Brightness Levels: There are 11 levels of brightness.
- Battery: This best vortex scope for elk hunting utilizes CR2032 battery.
- Battery Life: Battery has continuous 150 hours.
- Waterproof: Reliable waterproof performance in all environments.
- Shock Proof: This best vortex scope for elk hunting withstands recoil and impact.
- Fog Proof: There is no internal fogging over a range of different temperatures.
- Anodized Finish: Ultra durable hard anodized finish.
- Warranty: No Question asked Vortex Lifetime Warranty.
Choosing the best scope for hunting is not an easy task. We carefully include this scope on our list. Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 4-24×50 rifle scope for elk hunting is an effective long-range scope for consistent performance in the field. Its 4-24x magnification is powerful enough for extended-range precision even on very small targets.
The great thing about this vortex scope for elk hunting is its glass-etched reticle. Its reticle is sandwiched between two layers of glass for greater durability and reliability.
It carries an EBR 4 MOA reticle that is designed in such a way to maximize long range shooting abilities. This reticle is located in the second or rear focal plane which means the reticle remains the same when you change the magnification.
You can use this vortex elk hunting scope in a low light environment with ease because the EBR 4 MOA reticle is illuminated by red colored LED Light. There are 11 brightness levels that can be selected by the side mounted knob according to lighting conditions. It is powered by a CR2032 battery.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle riflescope range offers three reticle styles that are BDC3, BDC2, and EBR4. These scopes come in 3 powers; 1-6×24, 1-8×24, and 4-24×50. Its 4-24×50 scope is the best size scope for elk hunting.
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 4-24x50mm has multi coated XD glass , and the huge 30mm tube is shockproof, waterproof and nitrogen filled to deliver a bright, clear, and well detailed sight picture.
All the necessary accessories come with this elk hunting scope. Removable lens protective covers, sunshade, CR2032 Battery and Lens cleaning cloth are included in the package. No receipt is needed for its fully transferable, Unlimited lifetime Warranty.
Pros and Cons of Vortex Optics Strike Eagle [Best Size Scope for Elk Hunting]