Your presence here shows that you are looking for the best scope to shoot 1000 yards. Now you don’t need to browse anymore because you have precisely landed in the right place. Here, we will not only look at some of the best scope to shoot 1000 yards on the market but also will give you all the information you need to pick the best scope from the available options.
All the scopes on the list are best-selling and budget-friendly. We hope that by the end of this article, you will be able to choose the one that best suits your needs. Let’s jump in and look at our favorite 1000 yards scopes in more detail.
Nikon Black FX1000 (Best Scope to Shoot 1000 yards)
- Magnification Power: Nikon Black FX1000 has a variable magnification power of 6-24x.
- Objective Lens: Its objective lens dia is 50mm.
- Overall Length: Overall length of this long range scope is 15.2 inches.
- Weight: Nikon black FX1000 weighs only 24.5 oz.
- Tube Diameter: tube of this best scope to shoot 1000 yards comes with a dia of 30mm.
- Material: Body of this scope is constructed from high-quality aluminum alloy.
- Reticle: Specially designed Illuminated FX MRAD reticle.
- Focal Plane: Reticle of this 1000 yard scope is placed in the first focal plane.
- Brightness Levels: Comes with the 10 brightness settings which can be adjusted by the control knob.
- Eyepiece: Features a quick focus eyepiece for fast reticle focusing.
- Parallax Adjustment: The parallax adjustment range is from 50 yds to infinity.
- Eye Relief: At 6x eye relief is 4 inches and at 24x it is 3.5 inches.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent water from entering the scope.
- Fogproof: Nitrogen purging saves it from thermal shock.
- Shock Proof: This scope has the ability to withstands hard recoil.
- Adjustments per Revolution: W/E turrets comes with the 10 MRAD adjustments per revolution.
- Warranty: This Nikon’s scope offers lifetime repair or replacement warranty.
- Finish: Anti-glare hard anodized finish.
- Field of View: Its linear field of view is 18-4.7 ft at 100 yards.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil ranges from 8.3 to 2.1 mm.
- Zoom Ratio: FX1000 features 4x Zoom Ratio.
Nikon has made a name for tactical-style scopes. The Nikon Black FX1000 is a great example of Nikon quality. The Black series is designed specifically for long-range shooting. Its magnification power, ranges from a variable 6x to a 24x, along with a massive 50mm objective lens gives you long-range precision even on very small targets.
The illuminated glass-etched FX-MRAD reticle is designed to optimize the sight picture and stay in the first focal plane for better holdover and windage corrections. There are 10 different Illumination settings allowing you to choose whatever is most comfortable for whatever your need is.
This best scope to shoot 1000 yards comes up with the renowned Nikon optics which are well coated to transmit maximum light to give you a much brighter picture even in low light conditions. Overall, Nikon FX1000 is a very solid and highly capable compact scope for long range shooting and hunting.
- Nikon Black FX1000 scope.
- Allen Wrench.
- Bikini Cover.
- Warranty Card.
- User Manual.
Pros and cons of Nikon Black FX1000 (Best Scope to Shoot 1000 yards)
- Powers Down: Powers down after 1 hour of inactivity to save battery.
- Price: FX1000 is an inexpensive first focal plane scope.
- Sunshade: Sunshade is also included in the package.
- Illuminated Reticle: First Focal plane illuminated FX-MRAD reticle.
- Warranty: Offers Nikon’s Lifetime Repair/Replacement Warranty.
- Eye Relief: At maximum magnification, eye relief is a bit short.
Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 1000 yard scope For Target Shooting
- Reticle: VMR-1 MOA reticle for accurate range estimation, holdover and wind drift correction.
- Magnification Power: Magnification ranges from 6x minimum power to 24x maximum power.
- Focal Plane: Reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance because it stays in the second focal plane.
- Field of view: At minimum magnification FOV is 17.8 feet and 24x linear FOV is 5.1 feet per 100 yards.
- Eye Relief: The eye relief of Viper HS-T is 4.0 inches.
- Objective Lens Size: The large objective lens has a diameter of 50mm.
- Tube Size: Single-Piece Tube comes with a diameter of 30mm.
- Adjustment Graduation: The adjustment graduation value of this Viper HS-T is 1/4 MOA per click.
- Max Windage Adjustment: Maximum windage adjustment is 65 MOA.
- Max Elevation Adjustment: The maximum value for elevation adjustment is also 65 MOA.
- Parallax Setting: You can set parallax from 50 yards to infinity.
- Travel per Rotation: 12 MOA travel per rotation.
- Weight: Weight of this best scope to shoot 1000 yards is 22.6 ounces.
- Length: Overall length of Vortex Optics Viper HS-T is 15.5 inches.
- Turrets: Exposed Tactical-Style Turrets with CRS Zero Stop.
- Waterproof: Reliable waterproof performance in all environments.
- Shock and Fogproof: Rugged housing with Argon gas purging for Shock and fog proof performance.
- Warranty: Vortex VIP unconditional lifetime warranty.
- Material: Single-Piece Tube is constructed from a solid block of high-grade aluminum.
The Vortex Optics Viper HST (Hunting Shooting Tactical) 6-24x50mm is a new version that comes with the best features from popular Viper PST and Viper HST scopes. Vortex has packed this scope into an aircraft-grade aluminum body that’s just 15.5 inches long and weighs only 22.6 ounces. The extra-low dispersion lenses are fully multi-coated to provide with crisp and sharp images of the target.
It possesses a hashmark-based VMR-1 MOA reticle that is designed to enhance extended distance shooting and ranging abilities. This VMR-1 MOA reticle stays in the Second Focal Plane and maintains the same ideally-sized appearance. Overall, the Viper HS-T is a tough scope that carries a sealed housing with argon-purging to keep out water and fog.
- Viper HS-T 1000 yard scope.
- 4-inch sunshade.
- Lens Covers.
- Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- Warranty Card.
- CRS Shims.
Pros and Cons of Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 1000 yard scope For Target Shooting
- Reticle: VMR-1 MOA is ideal for accurate holds at extended ranges.
- Glass: Extra-low dispersion optics give ultra-sharp images.
- Turrets: Equipped with reliable and repeatable adjustment turrets.
- ArmorTek Coating: Scratch-resistant, ultra-hard lens coating.
- CRS Zero Stop: Helps in return to zero after temporary adjustments.
- Foggy: A little foggy at 24x magnification.
Burris Variable power scope for shooting 1000 yards
- Reticle: Comes with a sophisticated X96 Reticle for shot.
- Reticle Focal Plane: Its X96 reticle is located in the second focal plane.
- Power: Variable Magnification which ranges from 4x to 16x.
- Objective Lens Dia: Objective lens diameter is 65mm.
- Clear Objective Lens Dia: Clear Objective Lens diameter is 50mm.
- Laser Rangefinder: Features a built-in laser rangefinder to calculate the distance to the target.
- Inclinometer: Built-in inclinometer to shoot up, or down.
- Field of View: Field of view at lowest magnification is 25 feet and at the highest magnification, it is 9 feet.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil at 4x is 10.5mm whereas at 16x it is 3.5mm.
- Adjustment Type: Its adjustment type is MOA.
- Click Value: The adjustment click value is ¼ MOA per click.
- Operating Temperature: Operating temperature range for Burris Eliminator III is 15-122 Fahrenheit.
- Mounting Rail Length: Its mounting rail length is 8.5 inch.
- High-grade optical glass: Comes with high-quality optical glass for better light transmission.
- Weight: The weight of this best scope to shoot 1000 yards is 30.4 oz.
- Tube Dia: Its main tube comes with a diameter of standard 1 inch.
- Color: Burris Eliminator III features Matte black color.
- Length: This best 1000 yard scope is 15.5 inches long.
- Battery: Utilizes a CR123A battery that has a long life of up to 5,000 range cycles.
- Ocular Lens Dia: Its ocular lens has a diameter of 42mm.
- Elevation Adjustment: Total capability for Elevation adjustment is 40 MOA.
- Windage Adjustment: Windage adjustment value is also 40 MOA.
- Parallax: Objective PA and has a range of 50 yards to infinity.
- Wind Value: The X96 reticle tells up to 10 MPH wind value.
- Warranty: Scope is covered by Burris Forever Warranty.
- Made in the : Eliminator III 4-16x50mm is manufactured in the United States.
The Burris 200116 Eliminator III 4-16x50mm is one of the most innovative and effective hunting scopes around the globe. It is trusted by hunters and shooters worldwide because it delivers the performance and features that they demand in the field. This best scope to shoot 1000 yards and beyond carries a sophisticated X96 reticle that provides plenty of through-the-scope info for unmatched accuracy.
One of the most outstanding features of this long-range scope is a built-in laser rangefinder that eliminates the guesswork and calculates the exact distance to the target with a push of a button. It is also equipped with a built-in inclinometer for accurate shooting up, down, or steep hills. Although it doesn’t measure the wind it tells where your bullet will land at a certain distance that helps in getting an accurate wind hold off.
This scope comes up with the larger lenses with index-matched multi-coatings for better light transmission and glare elimination to give you excellent brightness and clarity of the picture. Its internal-spring tension system helps in maintaining zero through unfavorable conditions. If you come across any issue then don’t worry, the scope is covered by Burris forever warranty.
- Burris 200116 Eliminator III 4-16x50mm scope.
- Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- Sunshade for front lens.
- Lens Covers.
- Instruction Manual.
- Panasonic Battery.
Pros and Cons of Burris Variable power scope for shooting 1000 yards
- Built-in Laser Rangefinder: Ranging capability up to 1200 yards.
- X96 Reticle: Sophisticated X96 Reticle for perfect shooting.
- Inclinometer: Inclinometer helps in shooting on steep hills.
- Warranty: Forever Warranty with great customer service.
- Programming: Easy programming, can range target in yards and meters.
- Price: A bit expensive.
Steiner Optics GS3 4-20x50mm scope to shoot 1000 yards
- Magnification: 4-20x variable power which makes it versatile scope in various shooting and hunting activities.
- Objective Lens Diameter: Massive objective lens having dia of 50mm.
- Reticle: Comes up with the Steiner S7 reticle.
- Focal Plane: GS3 4-20x50mm is a second focal plane scope.
- Tube Diameter: The main tube of this best scope to shoot 1000 yards and beyond has a 30mm diameter.
- Eye Relief: Eye relief of this Steiner scope ranges from 3.5 inches to 4.25 inches.
- Field of View: The linear field of view at 20x is 5.5 ft and at 4x is 25.8 ft.
- Adjustment Value: Adjustment graduation value is quarter MOA at 100 yards distance.
- Focus Range: This best varmint scope features focus range from 164 yards ft to infinity.
- Zoom Range: Comes up with the 5x zoom range for sharp resolution at extended distances.
- Waterproof & Fogproof: Tube is filled with argon gas that ensures the scope remain fog proof and waterproof.
- Weight: Steiner GS3 is a lightweight hunting scope and weighs only 22 oz.
- Length: The length of this 1000 yards scope is 14.9 inches.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil ranges from 2.5mm to 11mm.
- Warranty: They offer generation to generation Steiner heritage warranty.
- Made In the US: Made in USA scope.
- Color Adjusted Transmission: Color adjusted transmission feature helps in spotting game in any environment.
- Mounting Length: Short mounting length of only 5.4 inches.
- Color: It comes only in Black color.
- Diopter Adjustment Range: Its Diopter Adjustment Range is from +2 to -3.
Steiner Optics GS3 4-20x50mm is purpose-constructed for hunting, though they are beneficial at the shooting as properly. Its innovative Color Adjusted Transmission (CAT) feature allows you to spot games in any environment. s weldless and seamless 30mm tube is milled from solid aluminum stock to give you added strength and durability.
With a magnification of 4-20x and an objective lens of 50mm, this scope allows you to place your bullets with extreme precision. The GS3 4-20x50mm scope has a 5x super zoom range that provides sharp resolution at long distances. Steiner S7 reticle is a simple and uncluttered aiming tool that allows you to use it for a wide range of applications from varmint hunting to target shooting.
- Steiner Optics GS3 4-20x50mm Hunting scope.
- Lens Cloth.
- User Manual.
- Steiner Sticker.
Pros and Cons of Steiner Optics GS3 4-20x50mm scope to shoot 1000 yards
- CAT: Color Adjusted Transmission coating increases contrast to spot game.
- Warranty: Comes with a generation to generation Heritage Warranty.
- Rugged Construction: Seamless rugged construction for greater strength and durability.
- Short Mounting Length: Short mounting length for lightweight mountain rifles.
- No sunshade: Sunshade is not not included in the package.
Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV Long Range Scope
- Magnification Range: Magnification Power range is from 5x to 20x.
- Objective lens: The Objective lens diameter of Nightforce SHV is 56mm.
- Color: Comes in only black color.
- Reticle: This best scope to shoot 1000 yards features a illuminated MOAR reticle.
- Focal Plane: Its MOAR reticle is placed in the second focal plane.
- Exit pupil Dia: Exit pupil diameter at 5x is 8.7mm and at 20x it is 2.5mm.
- Adjustment Type: The SHV scope has MOA adjustments.
- Click Value: Each click moves ¼ MOA point of impact at 100 yards distance.
- Finish: Anti-glare matte black finish.
- Internal Adjustment: Internal Elevation adjustment range is 80 MOA whereas Windage range is 50 MOA.
- Tube Diameter: Main housing tube has a diameter of 30mm.
- Calibrated Ranging Power: Its calibrated ranging power is 20x.
- Parallax Adjustment: Parallax adjustment starts from 25 yards and goes to infinity.
- Field of View: Field of view at 100 yards: At 5x is 17.9 feet and at 20x it is 5 feet.
- Objective Outer Dia: The outer diameter of the objective lens is 65mm.
- Eye Piece Outer Dia: The outer dia of the eyepiece is 43mm.
- Overall Length: Overall length of the Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV is 15.2 inches.
- Weight: This best scope to shoot 1000 yards weighs 29.1 ounces.
- Mounting Length: Mounting length is 6.5 inches.
- Front Mounting Length: It has a front mounting length of 2.81 inches.
- Rear Mounting Length: Comes with a rear mounting length of 2.04 inches.
- Illumination: Carries an illuminated reticle.
- Elevation Feature: This best hunting scope has Zeroset elevation feature.
- Warranty: Nightforce Optics limited lifetime warranty.
Almost every rifle lover is familiar with the name Nightforce Optics. They are well known for their extremely high-quality scopes and their accessories. The Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV is a great friend of those who looking for something extraordinary. It will not let you down even in the most demanding hunting and shooting situation.
One of the great reasons to get your hands on the Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV is its exceptional precision at extended ranges, thanks to its higher magnification and a massive objective lens. The simple design of the reticle allows for exact bullet placement throughout its entire range. This reticle comes with an illumination feature that is excellent in low light situations.
- Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV scope.
- Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- Adjustment Tool.
- Owner’s Manual.
Pros and Cons of Nightforce Optics 5-20×56 SHV Long Range Scope
- Illuminated Reticle: Comes up with the Forceplex illuminated reticle.
- Best Ideal for long range hunting and shooting.
- Brightness: Outstanding brightness and clarity.
- Feature: Zeroset feature for a return to customized zero.
- Weight: A bit heavier than other best scopes to shoot 1000 yards on the list.