Are you want to buy the best scope for
No worries, Today we will give you complete information about the best scopes to shoot 500 yards and beyond along with some best products that are available on the market. All the long range scopes on our list are best selling and budget friendly.
As you know, the market offers a large variety of
We have taken out our time to do research for finding the best options for 500 yd shooting. So read the full article to know which one will be ideal for you. So, let’s take a closer look at these top 500 yard scopes one by one.
- 1 5 Best Scope for 500 yard Shooting in 2021
- 1.1 Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm [Best scope for 500 yard shooting]
- 1.2 Vortex Optics Crossfire II [Best 500 Yard Scope For the Money]
- 1.3 Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10×40 [Overall Best scope for 500 yard shooting ]
- 1.4 Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18×40 [Best 500 yd Scope]
- 1.5 Burris Fullfield II [Best Rifle Scope For 100 to 500 Yards]
- 1.6 Conclusion:
- 1.7 Share this:
5 Best Scope for 500 yard Shooting in 2021
Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm [Best scope for 500 yard shooting]
- Reticle: Nikon M 308 carries a BDC 800 reticle.
- Magnification Power: It has a variable magnification power that ranges from 4x to 16x.
- Objective Lens: This good 500 yard scope comes with a 42mm objective lens.
- Weight: Overall weight of this scope is only 19 oz.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil at 16x is 2.6mm and at 4x it is 10.5mm.
- Field of View: At max magnification, FOV is 6.3 feet and at 4x Field of View is 25.2 feet (at 100 yards distance)
- Objective Outer Diameter: Outer objective dia of this best scope for
500 yardshooting is 49.3mm.
- Eyepiece Outer Dia: The outer diameter of the eyepiece is 42mm.
- Overall Length: This Nikon M-308 500 yard scope is 13.5 inches long.
- Tube Diameter: Single piece Main Body Tube comes with a diameter of 1 inch.
- Light Transmission: This 500 yards scope allows Up to 95% light to pass through the lens.
- Parallax Setting: Parallax Setting ranges from 50 yds to infinity.
- Eye Relief: Features respectable eye relief of 3.7 to 4 inches.
- Adjustment Graduation: Adjustment graduation value is 1/4 inches per click at 100 yards.
- Finish: This M-308 500 yard scope features a matte black finish.
- Mount Spacing: Enhanced spacing for mounting versatility.
- Internal Adjustment: The maximum Windage and Elevation adjustments value is 40 MOA.
- Warranty: Nikon’s lifetime repair or replacement warranty.
- Waterproof/Fogproof: Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for unfailing performance in the field.
- Shockproof: Rugged and durable construction gives it the
strengthto withstand shocks.
Our first pick for the list of best scope for 500 yards is Nikon M 308. It is purpose-constructed for shooting, though they are beneficial at the long range hunting as properly.
The fully multi-coated optics of M-308 comes into play to deliver maximum brightness from dawn to dusk. This scope can also be used with Spot On Ballistic Match Technology for nail-driving accuracy.
Another highlight found in this best 500 yard scope for the money is its lightweight and maximum strength one-piece main body tube which is filled with Nitrogen to offer anti-fog and waterproof performance.
The trajectory-compensating BDC 800 reticle is designed to simplify longer range shooting.
The quick focus eyepiece lets you to instantly bring the reticle into sharp focus for fast target acquisition. It also comes with a generous eye relief that keeps your brow safe even in the severe shooting angles.
Overall, the Nikon M 308 is a very capable scope that allows you to fully exploit your rifle range.
Pros and Cons of Nikon M-308 scope for 500 yard shooting
Vortex Optics Crossfire II [Best 500 Yard Scope For the Money]
- Magnification: Variable Magnification power that starts from 6x and goes to 24x.
- Reticle: Comes up with the Dead-Hold BDC MOA reticle.
- Focal Plane: The Vortex Optics Crossfire II is a second focal plane scope.
- Objective Lens Diameter: Objective lens of Crossfire II has a 50mm diameter.
- Field of View: Linear field of view ranges from 4.4 to 17.3 ft at 100 yards.
- Eye Relief: This best scope for
500 yardshooting has a constant eye relief of 4.0 inches.
- Travel per Rotation: Travel per rotation value is 15 MOA.
- Max Elevation Adjustment: The maximum range of elevation adjustment is 40 MOA.
- Max Windage Adjustment: Its Windage adjustment value is also 40 MOA.
- Tube Size: One-piece tube comes with a diameter of 30mm.
- Turret Style: Capped Reset Turrets for external protection.
- Adjustment Graduation: This best scope for
500 yardshooting has ¼ MOA graduation at 100 yards.
- Length: Overall length of the Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-24×50 is 14.5 inches
- Height: It comes with a height of 2.52 inches.
- Weight: Weighs only 23.6 ounces.
- Parallax Setting: You can set the parallax from 10 yards to infinity.
- Construction Material: Built with a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy for added strength.
- Eyepiece: Fast Focus Eyepiece for easy reticle focusing.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals make Vortex optics Crossfire II 6-24×50 scope fully waterproof.
- Fogproof: Nitrogen gas purging saves from internal fogging.
- Shockproof: This 500 Yards Scope withstands recoil and impact.
If you’re looking for a budget scope that’s still packed with features then Vortex Optics Crossfire II 500 yards scope is an excellent choice.
You’ll have MOA adjustments, a second focal plane Dead-Hold BDC reticle, and build quality that knocks other budget options out of the water. Its 6-24x magnification power is more than enough for
The lenses are particularly impressive, these fully multi-coated lenses give you better color and resolution even at full magnification.
The hard anodized single-piece tube is built with aircraft-grade aluminum that is nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed for years of hard use with no issues.
This best 500 yard scope for the money also comes with a 4-inch sunshade in the box as well to reduce glare for daytime shooting.
Pros and Cons of Vortex Optics Crossfire II [Best 500 yard Scope For the Money]
Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10×40 [Overall Best scope for 500 yard shooting ]
- Weight: VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm has a weight of 12.6 oz.
- Linear Field of View: At 3.5x linear field of view is 29.80 feet and at 10x, it is 11 feet (100 yards distance)
- Eye Relief: Low magnification eye relief is 4.40 inches whereas high power eye relief is 3.60 inches.
- Reticle: This variant of VX-3i features a Duplex reticle.
- Focal Plane: Rear focal plane reticle as it stays the same size at all magnification range.
- Length: Length of this best scope for 500 yard shooting is 12.60 inches.
- Objective Diameter: Its objective lens diameter is 40mm.
- Objective Length: Objective lens length is 3.60 inches.
- Adjustment Type: Comes with the Minute of Angle (MOA) adjustment.
- Elevation Adjustment Range: VX-3i has 52 MOA elevation adjustment range.
- Windage Adjustment Range: Maximum windage adjustment range is also 52 MOA.
- Eyepiece Length: Eyepiece is 3.60 inches long.
- Eyepiece Diameter: The dia of the Eyepiece is 1.60 inches.
- Tube Diameter: 1 inch main tube diameter.
- Mounting Space: This best scope for 500 yard shooting features a mounting space of 6 inches.
- Power: Variable magnification power of 3.5-10x.
- Waterproof: Absolute waterproof scope for excellent performance in the field.
- Zoom Ratio: 3:1 zoom ratio that works best for a wide range of applications.
- Custom Dial System: CSD elevation dials for quick elevation adjustment.
- Fog Proof: Argon/Krypton purging for promising fog proof performance.
- Punisher Tested: This 500 yard scope for 308 has the ability to survive 5,000 impacts on punisher.
- Made In US: Designed, machined, and assembled in the US.
- Click Value: Comes with the ¼ MOA finger reachable adjustments for elevation and windage.
- Housing Material: Made from 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum alloy.
- Warranty: Leupold gold ring full lifetime guarantee.
This best 500 yard scope benchrest has been one of the most popular models for decades by the Leupold because the Twilight Max Light Management System of this scope allows you to see more in less light.
It gives you edge-to-edge lens clarity by eliminating more than 85% glare. With its versatile magnification range, you can place your bullets with extreme precision.
This best scope for
The thinner crosshairs of the Duplex reticle offer high precision and easy target acquisition. This scope withstands 5,000 impacts on the Punisher where each impact of the Punisher is 3x the recoil of a .308 rifle.
Pros and Cons of Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10×40 [Best 500 yard scope Benchrest]
Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18×40 [Best 500 yd Scope]
- Reticle: Drop Zone-223 BDC reticle that is designed to use with 223 REM/5.556 loads.
- Adjustment Type: The adjustment type is MOA.
- Focal Plane: This DZ-223 reticle is positioned in the second focal plane.
- Power: Overall magnification range is 4.5-18x.
- Objective Lens: Objective lens of Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18×40 has 40mm diameter.
- Eye Relief: It comes with a generous eye relief that is 91.4mm.
- Length: Length of Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40mm scope is 12 inches.
- Weight: This best scope for
500 yardshooting comes with a weight of 19.06 oz.
- Field of View (Low): At minimum magnification Field of view is 22 feet @100 yards.
- Field of View (High): This best 500 yd scope has 5.5 feet FOV at 18x power (100 yards).
- Maximum Elevation Adjustment: Max elevation adjustment of this scope is 50 MOA.
- Maximum Windage Adjustment: Maximum Windage adjustment is also 50 MOA.
- Rainguard: It is also equipped with a rain guard.
- Travel Per Rotation: The Travel per rotation value of the Bushnell AR 4.5-18×40 is 15 MOA.
- Tube Diameter: The main tube has a diameter of one inch.
- Click Value: Per click adjustment value is ¼ MOA at a distance of 100
- Color: Color of Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40mm is black.
- Material: Made up of high-quality aluminum alloy to give you added strength.
- Warranty: Bushnell full lifetime Ironclad Warranty.
- Waterproof: sealed optics to deliver waterproof performance in the field.
Fogproof: Nitrogen purging to remove internal moisture for anti-fog performance.
Bushnell scopes are engineered to last and deliver trouble-free lifetime performance even under the most demanding conditions.
This Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40mm scope is an excellent choice for long-range shooters because its large 4.5-18x magnification range is powerful enough for long range precision on very small targets.
Another good thing about this Best 500 yd Scope is that it is built with the finest materials and assembled by highly skilled craftsmen to give you rugged reliability and uncompromising performance in the field.
It possesses a Drop Zone-223 BDC Ballistic Reticle that helps in delivering every round with peerless accuracy. Moreover, It provides stunning HD clarity of the target, thanks to its multi-coated Quality optics.
Pros and Cons of Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40mm [Best 500 yd Scope]
Burris Fullfield II [Best Rifle Scope For 100 to 500 Yards]
- Magnification Power: Its magnification range starts from 4.5x and goes to 14x.
- Objective Lens Diameter: The objective lens diameter is 56mm.
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: Clear Objective Lens Dia is 42mm.
- Reticle: Carries the most simple and effective Ballistic Plex reticle.
- Focal Plane: This good 500 yard scope is a rear focal plane scope.
- Color: This best scope for 500 yard shooting looks great in black color.
- Knob Style: Comes with the capped hunter style knobs for adjustments.
- Ocular Lens Diameter: The Ocular or rear lens diameter is 39mm.
- Main Tube Size: Its main body tube dia is standard one inch.
- Eye Relief (Low): At 4.5x magnification, eye relief is 3.8 inches.
- Eye Relief (High): At highest magnification, the eye relief of the scope is 3.1 inches.
- Exit Pupil: The exit pupil of this best scope for
500 yardshooting ranges from 9mm(low mag) to3mm (high mag).
- Field of View (Low): Low Magnification field of view is 22 feet at 100 yards.
- Field of View (High): Highest Magnification field of view is 7.5 feet at a distance of 100 yards.
- Click Value: Adjustment graduation value per click is ¼ MOA.
- Max Elevation Adjustment: Total Capability of elevation adjustment of this 500 yards scope is 40 MOA.
- Max Windage Adjustment: Similarly, the total capability of windage adjustment is also 40 MOA.
- Adjustable Parallax: On the objective end, It has an adjustable parallax focus for parallax removal.
- Parallax range: Parallax ranges from 50 yds to infinity.
- Length: This best rifle scope for 100 to 500 yards is 13 inches long.
- Warranty: Burris offers forever warranty that covers lifetime repair or replacement without any charge.
- Weight: This best scope for 500 yard shooting has a weight of 18 ounces.
- Finish: Anti-glare hard anodized finish for better performance.
- Waterproof: Complete 100 percent waterproof performance.
The next candidate on the list of best 500 yard scope is Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm.
This scope not only looks good, but it’s solid 1-piece outer tube also designed in a way to withstands shock and vibrations of rigorous field use. Moreover, this Nitrogen-filled tube with quad-seal prevents fogging in any cold or wet condition.
The most simple and effective Ballistic Plex reticle is positioned in the rear focal plane that offers unmatched accuracy with trajectory compensation out to 500 yards and beyond.
Its extra-big objective lens coupled with respectable magnification power allows you to see not only your
Its precision-ground lenses are treated with the Index-matched, Hi-Lume coatings that eliminate the glare and allows you to shoot accurately in low-light conditions.
Positive rugged adjustments come with the ¼ MOA clicks for easy calculations. The Burris no question asked forever warranty ensures lifetime repair or replacement without any charge.
Pros and Cons of Burris Fullfield II [Best Rifle Scope For 100 to 500 Yards]
We hope that our list of 5 best scopes for 500 yard shooting will help you to find the ideal one for you.
|Best Scope for 500 yard Shooting||Best For|
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II||Best for the Money|
|Leupold VX-3i||Benchrest Shooting|
|Bushnell AR Optics||Budget Friendly|
|Burris Fullfield II||Cheap|
Good Luck for your 500 yards shooting.