If you are in search of the best FFP scope for the money, then you are at the right place. In this article, you’ll find everything you need to know buying the best first focal plane scopes in 2023.
The market offers a large variety of first focal plane scopes and it is a very hectic task to find the best one with all the necessary features at a reasonable price.
To make your scope hunt easier, we have compiled a list of the 5 Best FFP scopes for the money. So read the article up to the end and then decide which first focal plane scope best suits your needs.
5 Best FFP Scope for the Money In 2023
Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II Scope
|View Latest Price|
|Nikon Black FX1000 Riflescope|| |
|View Latest Price|
|Primary Arms SLX 4-14×44 Scope|| |
|View Latest Price|
|Monstrum G2 1-4×24 FFP Riflescope|| |
|View Latest Price|
|Nikon Prostaff 5 4.5-18X40SF Scope|| |
|View Latest Price|
Vortex First Focal Plane Scopes for Hunting [Viper PST Gen II]
Vortex Optics has always been known for its quality products and this first focal plane scope is no different. This best FFP scope for the money takes incredible performance and rock-solid tactical features to a whole new level.
It is an extremely versatile scope for close to shooting. Let’s have a look at the prominent features of this Vortex First Focal Plane Scopes for Hunting and shooting.
The Viper PST Gen II FFP scope is equipped with an illuminated Hash-marked reticle which provides precise aiming even under low light conditions.
This First Focal Plane Reticle is Glass-etched for optimum durability and reliability. It also features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each to give you detailed hold points.
This one of the best Vortex First Focal Plane Scopes comes with a variable magnification power of 3-15x coupled with a massive objective lens of 44mm to offer the performance that serious hunters demand.
It also carries Extra-low dispersion glass with proprietary coatings for enhanced light transmission to give you a clear and precise image of the target.
- Single-Piece Tube: It is constructed from a Single-Piece main Tube to ensure improved accuracy and maximum strength.
- First Focal Plane Reticle: This FFP reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image and Constant subtensions allow accurate holdover and range at 3 to 15x magnification.
- Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass: Extra-low dispersion lens glass elements give crisp, sharp images.
- Fully Multi-Coated Coatings: Its XR Fully Multi-Coated coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces help in increased light transmission for better results.
- Glass-etched: The Glass-etched Reticle of this best FFP scope for the money lies between two layers of glass to offer maximum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle: Comes with the Illuminated Reticle to give precise aiming even under low light conditions.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture and ensure waterproofness.
- Fog Proof: The Argon gas purging makes this the best first focal plane scope under $1000 fog proof.
- Shockproof: Its rugged and quality construction allows it to withstand heavy recoil and impact.
- Finish: The low glare Hard Anodized Finish of this best FFP scope for the money helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- ArmorTek Coating: Its ArmorTek coating protects the exterior lenses from scratches.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece: This 1st focal plane scope comes with the fast focus eyepiece for quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Tactical-Style Turrets: It carries exposed turrets with quick and accurate elevation and windage adjustments.
- Construction Material: This scope is built with aircraft-grade aluminum for maximum durability.
- Warranty: The Vortex First Focal Plane Scopes for Hunting offers an unconditional, unmatched, VIP lifetime warranty.
- Magnification Power: This FFP scope comes with the variable 3-15X magnification.
- Objective Diameter: The diameter of its objective lens is 44mm.
- Main Tube Size: Its Single-Piece main Tube has a diameter of 30mm.
- Field of View: This 1st focal plane scope has a field of view of 41.2-8.6 feet at 100 yards.
- Parallax Setting: The parallax Setting range is from 20 yards to Infinity.
- Length: The overall length of this best first focal plane scope under $1000 is 14.3 inches.
- Weight: The Viper PST Gen II FFP scope weighs 28.1 oz.
- Adjustment Graduation: Its adjustment graduation value is 1 MRAD.
- Travel per Rotation: Travel per rotation is 10 MRAD.
- Max Elevation Adjustment: The maximum elevation adjustment value is 22 MRAD.
- Max Windage Adjustment: Maximum Windage adjustment is 11 MRAD.
Lens Cleaning Cloth
3 Inches Sunshade
Pros and Cons of Vortex Viper PST Gen II
- Built-In Accuracy Features: Its MRAD/ MOA turrets facilitate fast and accurate shooting at long ranges, Its radius Bar helps tracking turret rotations.
- ArmorTek Coating: The ArmorTek Coating on exterior lenses makes it scratch resistant.
- Zero Stop: The zero Stop feature prevents the turret from dialing below the sight-in range.
- Illuminated Reticle: Comes with the Illuminated Reticle to give precise aiming even under low light conditions.
- Warranty: Offers Vortex Optics Unconditional VIP Warranty.
- Lens caps: Its lens caps are annoying.
- Weight: A little bit heavier than other FFP scopes.
Nikon Black FX1000 6-24×50 [Best FFP Scope For the Money]
Another best First Focal Plane Scope that you would love to have is Nikon Black FX1000 6-24×50. It allows you to get unmatched accuracy and precision at any magnification.
This First Focal Plane scope comes with constant and generous eye relief which not only keeps your brow safe during recoil but also provides a good sight picture for different shooting positions.
The Black FX1000 6-24×50 features a specially designed FX-MRAD illuminated reticle for the first focal plane optical system to optimize the sight picture, ranging, holdover, and windage corrections with ease.
This Illuminated reticle has 10 intensity settings and powers off after one hour of inactivity. Its quick focus eyepiece allows crisp reticle focus and quick target acquisition.
The great thing about this best FFP scope for the money is that its lenses are built with Lead and arsenic-free glass for increased resolution and color fidelity. Its anti-reflective fully multilayer coatings on all air to glass surfaces allow maximum light transmission for a clear and crisp image of the target.
- FFP Reticle: The Nikon Black FX1000 6-24×50 has First Focal Plane Optical System.
- Illumination: Its Side-mounted Illumination control comes with 10 intensity settings for quick and easy brightness adjustments.
- Quick Focus Eyepiece: The Quick Focus Eyepiece gives fast and easy reticle focusing.
- Waterproof: The O-ring seals of this best FFP scope for the money prevent moisture from entering the main tube.
- Fogproof: Nitrogen Gas purging makes it 100 percent fog proof.
- Shockproof: Its high-quality construction shrugs off hard recoil generated by the rifle and rugged use.
- Long Eye Relief: The constant and generous eye relief keeps your brow safe for various shooting positions.
- Glass-etched Reticle: This best first focal plane scope under $1000 carries Glass-etched Reticle.
- Lense: Nikon uses Lead and arsenic-free glass for lenses of this 1st focal plane scope.
- Coatings: Anti-reflective coatings on all air to glass surfaces for maximum brightness and contrast.
- Parallax Adjustment: Its Side-Focus Parallax Adjustment knobs allow you to adjust without changing your shooting positions.
- FX-MRAD: Nikon specially created FX-MRAD for the first focal plane optical system.
- High-Quality Construction: High-Quality aluminum construction for consistent performance in the field.
- Finish: Comes with a low glare matte finish.
- Zero Stop: This best FFP scope for the money return to zero stop for return to zero.
- Warranty: Nikon offers lifetime repair/replacement.
- Magnification: Variable Magnification from 6 to 24x.
- Objective Lens Diameter: Its objective lens has a diameter of 50mm.
- Weight: The weight of this budget first focal plane scope is 24.5 oz.
- Length: This first focal plane scopes for sale is 15.2 inches long.
- Tube Diameter: The diameter of the tube is 30mm.
- Field of View: Its field of view has a range of 18 – 4.7 ft at 100 yards.
- Eye Relief: Comes with a long eye relief of 4 – 3.5 inches.
- Battery Type: It uses a CR2032 battery.
- Color: The color of these affordable first focal plane scopes are black.
- Parallax: Parallax range is from 50 yds to infinity.
- Lens Material: The lens is built with Lead and arsenic-free glass.
Pros and Cons of Nikon Black FX1000 6-2 4×50 [Best FFP Scope For the Money]
- Auto Power Off Feature: This scope automatically turns off after one hour of inactivity to save power.
- FX-MRAD Reticle: Nikon specially created FX-MRAD Reticle for 1st focal plane optical system.
- Sunshade: Sunshade to reduce glare is included in the package.
- Precise: These Nikon First Focal Plane Scopes give you unmatched accuracy in the field.
- Best For: It is ideal for Precision shooting & long-distance accurate shooting.
- Little thick Crosshair: It is a little thick for long-range 1000 yards but does good.
Primary Arms FFP Scope Review [4-14x 44mm]
This Primary Arms FFP Scope delivers at its best compared to the other expensive front focal plane scopes available on the market, being offered at half a price.
At a variable magnification power of 4-14x, the scope is quite versatile and can be used for close to long-range shooting scenarios.
The tube of this best first focal plane scope under $500 is constructed from high-quality aluminum so it has the ability to withstand vibrations and heavy recoil produced by the rifle.
The scope is completely waterproof and fog-proof, thanks to its Nitrogen purging and O-ring seals. This Primary Arms FFP scope looks great in a matte black finish.
This best FFP scope for the money utilizes an illuminated pattern DMR 5.56 reticle with 6 brightness settings which provide shooters with precise ranging and aiming points.
Its side adjustable parallax turrets allow you to make changes to the elevation and windage settings with ease for a crisp view of the target.
- First Focal Plane Reticle: Features a first focal plane reticle that will stay true on close-range targets to long-distance targets.
- Illumination settings: This first focal plane scopes for sale comes with a total of 6 brightness settings and an off switch after every turn.
- Warranty: They offer a 3-year warranty of materials, workmanship, or normal wear and tear.
- Parallax adjustment knob: The side-mounted parallax adjustment knob allows you to precisely adjust in any shooting position.
- Waterproof: This best budget first focal plane scope is completely waterproof.
- Fog Proof: Nitrogen gas purging prevents internal fogging.
- Color: The color of this 1st focal plane scope is black.
- Shock Proof: Its “built like a tank” construction makes it shockproof.
- Battery: This best budget first focal plane scope utilizes a CR2032 Lithium-ion battery.
- Construction: It is constructed from High strength aircraft-grade aluminum material.
- Finish: Hard anodized matte finish.
- Turret: This Primary Arms FFP Scope is equipped with the finger adjustable Exposed Turrets for windage and elevation adjustments.
- Package Contents: Primary Arms 4-14X44mm First focal plane scope, Lens Covers, Cleaning Cloth, and Wrench.
- Magnification: Variable Magnification of 4-14x.
- Objective Lens Diameter: The diameter of the objective lens is 44mm.
- Eye Relief: Comes with a respectable eye relief of 3.14-3.22 inches.
- Field of View: The field of view of this best FFP scope for the money has a range of 7.85-27.2 ft at 100 yards.
- Tube Diameter: The main tube comes with a diameter of 30mm.
- Click Value: Its adjustment click value is 0.1 Mil Rad.
- Weight: This cheap first focal plane scope has a weight of 24 oz.
- Length: The overall length of this Primary Arms FFP Scope is 13 inches.
- Exit pupil: Exit pupil has a range of 3.3-11.2mm.
- Windage Adjustment: The total windage adjustment value is 17.4 MIL.
- Elevation Adjustment: The total elevation adjustment value is also 17.4 MIL.
- Parallax Range: The range of the Parallax is from 15 yards to infinity.
Pros and Cons of Primary Arms 4-14x 44mm FFP Scope
- Price: Cheap first focal plane scope with all necessary features.
- Reticle Design: Features ACSS HUD DMR 5.56 NATO Reticle for quick ranging and wind holds.
- Clear glass: Excellent glass clarity even at higher magnifications.
- Off switch: Comes with the Off switch after every turn on the illumination setting.
- Limited Warranty: They offer 3 years Warranty.
- Made In China: Manufactured in China but it is designed, developed, and tested in the USA.
Monstrum cheap first focal plane scope [1-4×24]
Are you looking for a very budget-friendly first focal plane scope, then you have to take a look at the Monstrum Tactical 1-4×24 FFP scope.
It is one of the best first focal plane scopes under $200 available on today’s market. The Monstrum FFP scope is a great option for those that need years of hard use at a much more friendly price.
You’re getting the first focal plane Illuminated BDC reticle having two, red and green colors with multiple brightness intensities for better reticle visibility from dawn to dusk.
This best FFP scope for the money is made from top-grade aluminum to deliver incredible performance. With a magnification of 1-4x, the Monstrum Tactical scope is ideal for close to mid-range targets of up to 400 yards.
This scope uses premium quality multi-layer glass to reduce chromatic aberrations for bright, vivid pictures and excellent clarity of the target.
The External Windage and Elevation dials with 1/2 MOA per click are finger reachable that allow you to adjust windage and elevation quickly. Scope rings, flip-up lens covers, sunshade, felt carrying bag, and 3V Lithium-ion battery is included in the package.
- First Focal Plane Reticle: This Monstrum Tactical 1-4×24 scope is equipped with the first focal plane rangefinder reticle for faster range estimation and holdover correction.
- Illumination: Its Illuminated BDC Reticle comes with multiple brightness intensities for better performance even in low light conditions.
- Ideal For: It is ideal for close to mid-range targets of up to 400 yards.
- Color: This best FFP scope for the money come in two, Black or Flat Dark Earth colors.
- Materials: It is constructed from 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum.
- Shockproof: This rugged construction scope is shockproof.
- Fog & Water Resistance: O-ring seals and Nitrogen gas purged scope for fog and water resistance performance.
- Scope Adjustments: It carries external Windage and Elevation dials for fast adjustment.
- Coatings: Full Multi-layer lens coatings for a sharp image of the target.
- Package Contents: Scope rings, spring-loaded flip-up lens covers, detachable sunshade, felt carrying bag, and 3V Lithium-ion battery are included in the package
- Warranty: It offers a 12-month limited warranty.
- Magnification: The variable magnification power of this FFP scope is 1-4x.
- Objective Lens: Its objective lens has a diameter of 24mm.
- Weight: This best FFP scope for the money is very lightweight and weighs only 16 oz.
- Length: The length of this best budget first focal plane scope is 9.6 inches.
- Tube Size: Its main tube comes with a diameter of 30mm.
- Eye Relief: It has a consistent eye relief of 4 -4.5 inches.
- Mount Size: The mount size for this FFP scope is 30mm.
- Battery: Uses CR2032 Lithium-ion battery.
- Click Value: This Monstrum cheap first focal plane scope has 1/2 MOA per click value for windage and elevation adjustments.
Pros and Cons of Monstrum cheap first focal plane scope (1-4×24)
- Price: One of the best FFP scopes under $200.
- Sunshade: Detachable honeycomb sunshade is included in the package.
- Lens Covers: Comes with the Spring-loaded flip-up lens covers.
- Best For: Ideal for close to mid-range, 400+ Yards.
- Lightweight: The weight of this FFP scope is only 16 oz.
- Limited Warranty: Offers only one year’s Warranty.
- Magnification: Low power magnification of 1-4x.
Nikon Prostaff 5 [Best first focal plane scope under $500]
Another Nikon scope finds a place in this list because of its amazing features and incredible performance. The Nikon Prostaff 5 is loaded with an array of innovative features that will satisfy even the most demanding hunters.
With its multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds on lenses, the Nikon Prostaff 5 Riflescope is capable of providing bright and vivid sight pictures to shoot accurately throughout the day.
This best first focal plane scope under $500 uses a field-proven BDC reticle which is ideal for a variety of hunting situations and compatible with Nikon Spot On Ballistic Match Technology to give you exact aiming points at various yardages for bullet drop compensation.
Its generous and consistent Eye Relief keeps your eye safe during recoiling. The convenient quick-focus eyepiece allows you to quickly bring the reticle into sharp focus.
To simplify field adjustments, This best FFP scope for the money comes with the spring-loaded instant zero-reset turrets. The positive click hand turns 1/4 MOA adjustments get you zeroed instantly.
Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed scope gives you the confidence to use it under the toughest of conditions. The Nikon Prostaff 5 FFP scope offers a lifetime repair or replacement warranty.
- Optical System: The Nikon Prostaff 5 comes with a bright new optical system for maximum brightness and light transmission.
- Eye Piece: Its quick focus eyepiece allows you to instantly bring the reticle into sharp focus.
- Waterproof/Fogproof: This Nitrogen filled and O-ring-sealed scope is completely waterproof and fog proof.
- Spot On Ballistic Match Technology: This technology allows you to discover all of the exact aiming points on your patented BDC reticle.
- Warranty: Nikon backs the scope with a lifetime repair or replacement warranty.
- Patented Reticle: The Nikon’s unique and Patented BDC Reticle offers an incredible advantage for long-range shooting.
- Material: The material used in the construction of the main tube is aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Coatings: Anti-reflective compounds on all air to glass surfaces give a clear and crisp image of the target.
- Finish: Hard anodized, low glare matte finish.
- Best For: This best first focal plane scope under $500 is ideal for Long-range hunting and target shooting.
- Magnification: The Prostaff 5 has a magnification of 4.5-18x.
- Tube Diameter: The diameter of the main tube of Prostaff 5 is 1 inch.
- Weight: This cheap first focal plane scope has a weight of 17.2 oz.
- Objective Diameter: The diameter of the objective lens is 40mm.
- Overall Length: Its overall length is 13.6 inches.
- Exit Pupil: Exit Pupil comes with a range of 2.9-11.4mm.
- Eye Relief: Generous and consistent eye relief of 4 inches keeps your eye safe.
- Adjustment Graduation: The adjustment graduation value is 1/4 inches.
- Travel per rotation: Travel per rotation at 100 yards is 12 inches.
- Eyepiece Outside Diameter: The diameter of the eyepiece outside is 44mm.
- Parallax Setting: Its Parallax setting range is from 50 yards to infinity.
- Field of View: The field of view is 7.2-28.6 ft at 100 yards.
Pros and Cons of Nikon Prostaff 5 FFP scope
- Spot On Ballistic Match Technology: This technology gives you custom precision at your fingertips.
- Price: Very low-priced scope compared to other scopes with similar features.
- Warranty: Nikon back the product with a lifetime repair or replacement warranty.
- Light and compact: This scope is durable, compact, and lightweight.
- Clear Optics: Comes with a clear and high-quality optical system.
- Lens covers: It would have been better if it has a flip cap instead of the bikini lens cover.
|Best FFP Scope For the Money in 2023||Best For|
|Vortex Optics Viper PST||Editor’s Choice|
|Nikon Black FX1000||Overall Best|
|Primary Arms SLX 4-14×4||Compact and Lightweight|
|Monstrum G2 1-4×24||Budget Scope|
|Nikon Prostaff 5||Best Scope for the Money|