Are you confused about picking the best AR 15 scope for deer hunting? There are so many options available on the market and many of them seem to have identical features. I have selected the best scopes for ar 15.
Here you will find the complete comparison, Pros & cons, and price of each product. After reading this article you will be able to make a healthy choice to pick the best ar 15 scope for deer hunting according to your needs and within your budget.
- 1 8 Best AR 15 Scopes For Deer Hunting in 2023
- 1.1 UTG 3-9×32 AR15 Scope [Best Cheap Rifle Scope For Deer Hunting]
- 1.2 Bushnell Drop Zone-223 AR 15 deer Hunting Scope Reviews
- 1.3 Nikon P-223 [Best Nikon Scope For Deer Hunting]
- 1.4 Vortex Strike Eagle [Best Deer Hunting Scope Under 500]
- 1.5 Leupold VX-R Patrol [Best AR 15 Scope for Deer Hunting]
- 1.6 Nikon Buckmaster II [Best Rifle Scope For Deer Hunting]
- 1.7 Primary Arms 4-14x44mm FFP AR15 Scope
- 1.8 Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 [Best Budget Scope For Deer Hunting]
- 1.9 Conclusion:
- 2 FAQs
8 Best AR 15 Scopes For Deer Hunting in 2023
UTG 3-9×32mm AR15 Scope
|View Latest Price|
Bushnell Drop Zone 1-4x24mm
|View Latest Price|
|Nikon P-223 3-9×40 Scope||
|View Latest Price|
|Vortex Optics Strike Eagle AR15 Scope||
|View Latest Price|
|Leupold VX-R Patrol Riflescope||
|View Latets Price|
|Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9×40 Scope||
|View Latest Price|
|Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm||
|View Latest Price|
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II Riflescope||
|View Latest Price|
A Brief History of AR 15 Rifle
AR stands for the Armalite rifle not assault rifle, named after the company that developed the rifle. It was first used as an alternative to the M-14 rifle by the US military in Vietnam War.
It is a lightweight, magazine-fed, gas-operated semi-automatic rifle. It is a semi-automatic civilian version of the US military M16 rifle.
Due to financial problems, and limitations in terms of manpower and production capacity, ArmaLite sold the Armalite Rifle-15, abbreviated AR-15 design, and the AR-15 trademark along with the Armalite AR-10 to Colt’s Manufacturing Company in 1959.
Colt started selling the semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle as the Colt AR-15 in 1964. The first mass-production version was the Colt AR-15 Sporter, in .223 Remington, with a 20-inch barrel and issued with 5-round magazines.
Over the decades, Colt has made many different types of AR-15 rifle and carbine models, including the AR-15, AR-15A2, AR-15A3, AR-15A4, and many other models.
The AR-15 is frequently the target of those advocating restricting access to guns in the United States.
Although the sale of new AR-15s was banned by the Federal Assault Weapons Ban from 1994 to 2004, Colt continued to sell legally compliant versions known collectively as “Colt Sporters” and “Colt Match Target rifles” during that period.
UTG 3-9×32 AR15 Scope [Best Cheap Rifle Scope For Deer Hunting]
Leapers, Inc. is a US-based company that manufactures a wide range of shooting and Hunting sports products. They are in the business of making innovative and technologically advanced sports optics and their accessories for more than two decades.
Their main products are riflescopes, red dot sights, Airgun Scopes, mounting systems, and accessories.
The UTG 3-9×32 is one of the best ar 15 scope for deer hunting available on the market. This Bug Buster scope gives you maximum reliability in any condition with its fog, shock, and rainproof features.
It is built on the innovative True Strength Platform which is fully tested to give you a reliable product. Its Red and Green Dual Illumination and Large Field of View make it a more effective scope even in diverse conditions.
The Tactical Range Estimating Mil-dot reticle allows you to shoot with accuracy and precision in ways not imagined before.
It has Well-designed target turrets and locking and re-setting features that give you elevation adjustments. Its Tube is 100% nitrogen-filled, completely sealed, and Coated with Emerald for Maximum Light Transmission.
- Dimensions: Its Dimensions are 9.8 x 3.4 x 3.9 inches.
- Weight: The Weight of this Best AR 15 Scope for deer hunting is 13.9 oz.
- Rainproof: This best ar 15 scope for deer hunting has rain and splashproof construction.
- Shockproof: Can withstand Shocks.
- Rings: It comes with Quick detachable rings.
- Turrets: It also has Target Turrets with Zero Locking.
- Parallax Setting: The parallax setting has a range of 3 Yards to Infinity.
- Reticle: Comes with the Mil-dot Range Estimating Reticle for a respectable performance.
- Lens Caps: This best cheap rifle scope for deer hunting is also equipped with the High-quality Flip-open Lens Caps.
- Sunshades: The detachable sunshades are also included in the package.
Pros and Cons of UTG 3-9×32 [Best Cheap Rifle Scope For Deer Hunting]
- Well built and durable
- Very clear optics
- Adjustable Parallax
- Compact size
- Easy to mount
- Not enough eye relief
- Seems a little heavy
Bushnell Drop Zone-223 AR 15 deer Hunting Scope Reviews
Bushnell is one of the top brands for producing high-performance sports optics. They are in the industry for more than 65 years. Their unmatched commitment, highest quality, and affordable sports optics products make them stand out from the crowd.
Some of their main products are riflescopes, spotting scopes, and red dots. So, let’s have a look at their Drop Zone-223 AR15 scope features, pros, and cons.
Bushnell AR scopes are designed to give maximum accuracy and reliability in every shooting scenario. This scope has 0.1 mil target turrets for pinpoint-precise adjustments.
Its fully multi-coated optics and fast focus eyepiece give you maximum accuracy and reliability during shooting. It is made of high-durability aluminum alloy and filled with Nitrogen to remove internal moisture.
- Weight: It Weighs only 16.9 oz.
- Dimensions: Its Dimensions are 20 x 7 x 7 inches.
- Eye Relief: This best AR 15 scope for deer hunting comes with 4mm Eye relief.
- Field of View: It also has a 112F to 26F Field Of View.
- Windage and Elevation: 110 MOA Elevation and Windage Adjustment.
- Lenses: This scope possesses Fully Multi-Coated lenses.
- Waterproof: It is fully waterproof and can be used in any weather condition.
- Fogproof: Its rugged construction makes it Rust and fog-proof.
- Eyepiece: This ar15 scope has a Fast Focus Eyepiece.
- Turrets: Comes with the Target turrets for precise adjustments.
- Rainguard: It also has a Rainguard feature.
Pros and Cons of Bushnell Drop Zone-223 AR 15 deer Hunting Scope
- Clear lenses
- Good Price
- Outstanding Zoom feature
- Easy to use
- No lens cap cover
- No lock for Turrets
Nikon P-223 [Best Nikon Scope For Deer Hunting]
Nikon is one of the world’s leading suppliers of premium quality optical products for more than 9 decades. Their long history of experience enables them to design quality optics to meet the needs and requirements of customers worldwide.
They offer a full line of quality rifle scopes, spotting scopes, Rangefinders, Fieldscopes, and binoculars.
This best ar 15 scope for deer hunting is designed and developed specifically for AR rifles. This scope offers you hash marks and unique open circle aiming points for a range of 100 to 600 yards.
Its Fully Multi-Coated Optical System enables it to transmit light up to 98% for maximum brightness. The long Eye Relief of this best AR 15 scope for deer hunting keeps your eyebrow safe even in severe shooting conditions.
It also has a 100-yard Parallax Setting which eliminates parallax to give you precision in the shooting.
The new Zero-Reset Turret Feature simplifies the field adjustments. It is 100% nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to eliminate internal moisture.
- Magnification: This Nikon AR15 Scope has a variable Magnification power of 3-9x.
- Eye Relief: Comes with a Long 3.6 Inches Eye Relief.
- Length: Overall length of this scope is 12.4 inches.
- Parallax Setting: It has 100 yards parallax setting.
- Weight: This best AR 15 Scope for deer hunting has a Weight of 17.1 oz.
- Reticle: Come with the BDC 600 Reticle.
- Objective Diameter: It has a 40mm Objective Diameter.
- Nitrogen Filled: This Scope is nitrogen purged.
- Waterproof: Water and Fog Proof construction.
- Turrets: Zero-Reset Turret Feature.
Pros and Cons of Nikon P-223 [Best Nikon Scope For Deer Hunting]
- Easy to view
- Crystal Clear looking
- Lifetime Warranty
- Inexpensive scope
- BDC marks are a little small
Vortex Strike Eagle [Best Deer Hunting Scope Under 500]
Vortex Optics is a very well-known company in the manufacturing of sports optics. They are in the business for many years now. All of their products are designed, engineered, and pre-inspected to ensure that you receive the best products and service.
Some of their products are Red Dot Sights, rifle scopes, binoculars, rangefinders, and monoculars. Today, we are going to review their strike Eagle 1-6×24 rifle scope.
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is one of the best deer hunting scope under 500. High-quality, fully multi-coated lenses give you a clear, crisp sight picture and low-light performance for precise shooting.
If you need to engage targets at distance, Its 6x zoom range allows you to get a quick target in close quarters scenarios.
Its Waterproof, shockproof, and fog-proof features make it reliable in all weather conditions. The fast focus dial of the eyepiece of this best AR 15 scope for deer hunting ensures that your reticle is always sharp.
The Illuminated BDC Reticle has 11 illumination settings that allow you to accommodate changing light conditions for precise aiming. It also has an extra battery that can be stored in the windage cap and can be easily released.
- Magnification: It has a variable Magnification of 1-6x.
- Eye Relief: Comes with 3.5 inches of Eye Relief.
- Length: Its Length is 10.5 inches.
- Parallax Setting: The parallax Setting is 100 yards
- Objective Diameter: This best ar 15 scope for deer hunting has a 24mm Objective Lens Diameter.
- Weight: Weight is 17.6 ounces.
- Coatings: Its lenses are Fully Multi-Coated.
- Reticle: Comes with the Glass-etched Reticle.
- Waterproof: 100 percent Waterproof construction.
- Shockproof: Fog and shockproof.
- Turrets: This AR 15 scope has Capped Reset Turrets.
- Finish: Hard Anodized Finish.
- Eyepiece: Fast Focus Eyepiece.
Pros and Cons of Vortex Strike Eagle [Best Deer Hunting Scope Under 500]
- low-light capability
- Great warranty by Vortex
- Awesome price
- Great light transmission
- Easy to read reticle
- Stiff Magnification ring
- Turret knobs are not perfect
Leupold VX-R Patrol [Best AR 15 Scope for Deer Hunting]
Whether you’re a hunter, explorer, or protector of freedom on the battlefield, a Leupold riflescope won’t let you down in unpredictable conditions or volatile situations.
Every Leupold riflescope is waterproof, shockproof, fog-proof, and has a lifetime of performance, guaranteed. Let’s have a look at the Leupold VX-R Patrol’s features, pros, and cons.
Its lens surfaces are fully coated with DiamondCoat which not only transmits higher light but also provides you with greater brightness, clarity, and contrast.
Its FireDot Illumination feature uses fiber optic reticle technology which enables you to hunt in both daylight and low light hunting situations.
The Motion Sensor Technology of this best AR 15 scope for deer hunting automatically turns off illumination after 5 minutes of inactivity.
This riflescope is crafted from aircraft-quality aluminum. The longer eye relief and generous eye box provide you a full clear sight picture of the target.
- Length: Overall length of the scope is 9.67 inches.
- Weight: Its Weight is 12 oz.
- Coating: Its Lenses have a fully coated DiamondCoat coating.
- Illumination: Comes with the Firedot illumination feature.
- Sensor: It also has Motion Sensor Technology.
- Waterproof: Waterproof and fog-proof features.
- Windage and Elevation: 1/10th MIL click windage and elevation adjustments.
- Material: This best ar 15 scope for deer hunting is built with the Aircraft quality aluminum alloy.
- Warranty: It offers a Lifetime Warranty.
Pros and Cons of Leupold VX-R Patrol [Best AR 15 Scope for Deer Hunting]
- Quick target acquisition
- Great glass
- Compact size
- Good Battery Life
Nikon Buckmaster II [Best Rifle Scope For Deer Hunting]
Another product in the list of the best ar 15 scope for deer hunting is Nikon Buckmaster II, 3-9×40 Best AR Scope. It is one of the best scope for ar15 rifles on the market.
This ar 15 scope is among the most trusted scopes by Hunters because it does not let you down in any adverse condition. Nikon Buckmaster II, 3-9×40 Best AR Scope is loaded with pro-style features to give you outstanding performance.
The Nikon Buckmaster II, 3-9×40 scope is the right match for your hunting rifle because it has multi-coated lenses, long eye relief, and a BDC reticle.
Nikon’s popular BDC reticle gives you an incredible advantage for long-range hunting and shooting. Its hand turn reticle adjustment is quick and precise in getting zero.
The fully multi-coated optical system provides bright and vivid pictures from dawn to dusk.
The best rifle scope for deer hunting can be used with Spot On Ballistic Match Technology. This unmatched Spot On Ballistic Match Technology allows you to discover exact aiming points on the BDC reticle.
It also has a 100-yard parallax setting and long consistent eye relief. The Nikon Buckmaster II is O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for waterproof, shockproof, and fog-proof performance.
- Magnification: It comes with the 3-9x Variable Magnification Power.
- Objective Diameter: It also has a 40mm Objective Lens Diameter.
- Reticle: This best AR 15 Scope for deer hunting possesses BDC Reticle.
- Eyepiece: This scope has Quick Focus Eyepiece.
- Lenses: Fully Multi-Coated Lenses.
- Waterproof: Completely Waterproof performance.
- Shockproof: Fogproof and Shockproof.
- Technology: Compatible with Spot On Ballistic Match Technology.
- Eye Relief: Comes with the Long Eye Relief.
- Adjustment: Precise 1/4-inch Click Adjustments.
- Weight: Weight is 13.1 oz.
- Length: Length is 12.3 inches.
Pros and Cons of Nikon Buckmaster II [Best Rifle Scope For Deer Hunting]
- Not expensive
- Super sharp images
- Needs no batteries
- Best-in-class warranty
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Non-illuminated reticle
- No Mounting Rings Included
Primary Arms 4-14x44mm FFP AR15 Scope
The Primary Arms 4-14x44mm front focal plane AR15 Scope is uniquely designed to enhance precision and accuracy while shooting with your favorite AR15 rifle. This ar15 scope was the first step into the first focal plane (FFP) optics by Primary Arms. It is still the most cost-effective and one of the best ar 15 scope for deer hunting on the market. Today, we are going to review it for you.
The traditional Mil-Dot reticle of this Primary Arms 4-14x44mm FFP AR15 Scope stays true from close distance targets at 4x up to long-range targets at 14x. It has High strong aircraft-grade aluminum body and a 30mm main tube compatible with your favorite rings and mounts. This rifle scope is shockproof, waterproof, and fog-resistant.
Its First Focal Plane Non-Illuminated reticle stays true at all magnifications. The fast-focus eyepiece of the Primary Arms’s best AR 15 scope for deer hunting provides you with a crisp view of the target. It also has Tactile and audible 1/10 MIL windage and elevation adjustment and fingers adjustable exposed tactical-style turrets for quick zero reset.
- Magnification: It has a 4-14x Magnification Range.
- Main Tube: The main tube has a diameter of 30mm.
- Weight: Its Weight is 23.9 Oz.
- Length: This best AR 15 scope for deer hunting has an Overall Length of 13 inches.
- Objective Lens: Its Objective Lens Diameter is 44mm.
- Reticle: First Focal Plane Reticle.
- Exit Pupil: The exit Pupil Diameter Range is 3.3 – 11.2 mm.
- Color: The color of the Ar15 scope is Black.
- Reticle Type: Comes with the BDC Reticle.
- Battery: It uses CR2032 3V Lithium-Ion Battery.
- Click Value: 0.1 Mil Click Value.
- Finish: Anodized Matte Finish.
- Field of View: Field of View Range 7.85 – 27.2 ft at 100 yards.
- Turrets: Its turrets are Finger adjustable.
- Nitrogen Filled: This best ar 15 scope for deer hunting is Nitrogen purged.
- Fog Resistant: Fog resistant feature.
- Warranty: Offers a 3-year warranty that is more than enough.
- Waterproof: Waterproof performance in the field.
- Construction: It is built with High strength aircraft-grade aluminum.
Pros and Cons Primary Arms 4-14x44mm FFP AR15 Scope
- ACSS Reticle
- Solid Construction
- Adjustable Objective
- excellent quality for budget price
- 0.1mil clicks
- 3 years Warranty
- Non Illuminated reticle
We have already reviewed a different AR 15 scope by Vortex Optics, but this best AR 15 scope for deer hunting is also worth your consideration.
Because Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 ar15 scope is a versatile but powerful riflescope ideal for close to medium range hunting and shooting. Let’s take a closer look at its features, pros, and cons.
The Vortex Crossfire II scopes, an updated version of the original vortex optics crossfire series offer the highest levels of performance and reliability.
The fully multi-coated optics and a glare-reducing sunshade of this best budget scope for deer hunting provide you with clear, bright images even in low light conditions from dawn to dusk.
Its Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting or shooting at varying ranges by eliminating guesswork.
Its generous eye relief and quick-focus eyepiece allow you to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The single-piece tube body constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum provides you with shockproof performance.
This Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 ar15 scope is waterproof and fog-proof. Its finger-adjustable capped reset turrets with MOA clicks can reset to zero quickly.
- Magnification: Comes with 2x to 7x variable magnification power.
- Reticle: Second Focal Plane Reticle.
- Weight: The Weight of this best AR 15 scope for deer hunting is 14.3 ounces.
- Objective Lens: 32mm Objective Lens Diameter.
- Main Tube: 1 Inch Main Tube Diameter.
- Turret: Capped Turret Style.
- Length: Its Length is 11.3 Inches.
- Finish: It looks great in Matte Black Finish.
- Eye Relief: The Crossfire II has 3.9 inches of Eye Relief.
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated lenses.
- Material: Constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Nitrogen Filled: Nitrogen purged to eliminate fog.
- Sealed: O-ring sealed for waterproofing.
- Sunshade: Sunshade reduces glare
- Warranty: Vortex VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
Pros and Cons of Crossfire II 2-7×32 [Best Budget Scope For Deer Hunting]
- Vortex VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
- Second Focal Plane Reticle
- Comes with removable lens covers and lens cloth
- Made Overseas
- No illumination
As the complete and important information about the best AR 15 scope for deer hunting available on the market has been delivered to you in this entire article.
we have reviewed the world’s most-selling and top-rated ar15 riflescope of all time made by well-known brands. After reading this article, Now you are able to make a healthy choice to select the best Ar 15 scope.
Most of the scopes mentioned above have very considerable positives, but still, by reviewing each of them individually. I make a recommendation that you select from the Leupold VX-R Patrol scope and Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24.
Because they are the best AR 15 scope for deer hunting and their latest technology makes them stand out from the crowd. They wouldn’t let you down in any condition.
Good Luck with Your Best AR 15 Scope for Deer Hunting pick.
FAQsWhat size scope is best for deer hunting?
If you want to hunt in daylight then a simple 3-9x40mm scope would be good enough to put the deer down with ease. But if you want to hunt from dawn to dusk then you should go for the illuminated reticle with greater magnification power.What scope does the military use on AR 15? Should I put a scope or red dot on my AR?
If you are using the AR for home defense and Close range targets then mounting the red dot sight will be beneficial because it offers fast target acquisition, and both eyes open shooting.
But if you want to engage the targets at longer ranges along with close-range targets then putting a magnified scope on your AR rifle will take your game to the next level.
Some of the main things are listed below that you must keep in your mind while selecting the best scope for your AR firearm.
- Magnification Power.
- Objective Lens.
- Ocular Lens.
- Focal Plane.
- Glass and Coatings.
- Field of View.
If you want to know more in detail then read our comprehensive guide.What scope is best for AR-15?
There are a large number of good scopes from various brands in today’s market for AR-15. But we have done an extensive research to find the best AR 15 scope. Some of the best scopes for AR-15 are
- UTG 3-9×32 AR15 Scope
- Nikon P-223 3-9×40 Scope
- Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Scope
- Leupold VX-R Patrol Riflescope
- Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9×40
If you want to take your shooting or hunting to another level then you must put a scope on your AR-15 rifle. Putting a scope on your AR-15 makes you able to place your bullets on target with extreme precision.