Making a list of the best 50mm scope under 500 may not be a walk in the park.
There are so many options available with identical features on the market. Picking the best 50mm rifle scope at a much more friendly price is a tricky task.
We have done extensive research to find the best 50mm scope for long range hunting and shooting at a reasonable price range with all necessary features available.
All the scopes on our list are perfect for the budget conscious who need them for years of hard use.
After reading this article, you will be able to choose the best 50mm scope that best suits your needs.
So stick to the article up to end to choose the top one from our list. Before jumping into the list, have a look at the main difference between 50mm scope vs 40mm.
40mm vs 50mm scope
First of all, Let’s have a look at 40mm vs 50mm scope comparison. A 50mm Objective lens of a scope gathers more light as compared to a 40mm scope.
To get a Clearer and brighter picture of the target even in low light conditions, 50mm scope for hunting or target shooting is the perfect option.
50mm scope will have a large exit pupil that gives you greater freedom to position the eye on target to place the bullets accurately even in a hurry.
Moreover, Larger objective lens scope is an ideal choice when you shoot at higher magnification power.
Leupold 50mm Scope [VX-Freedom 3×9 50mm scope]
Features and Specifications:
- Variable Power: Variable power of VX- Freedom ranges from 3x to 9x.
- Reticle: Comes with a Duplex Reticle for outstanding performance in the field.
- Focal Plane: Duplex reticle is placed in the rear focal plane to cover the minimum target area.
- Power Selector: Easy to grip and user friendly Magnifications selector for quick change.
- Lightweight: Ultra lightweight design, weighs only 14.6 oz.
- Main Tube: Main tube of this best rifle scope under 500 is 1 inch wide.
- Lenses: Scratch resistant lenses for extra durability.
- Zoom Ratio: 3:1 zoom ratio system for a wide range of applications.
- Adjustment Graduation: ¼ MOA per click adjustment graduation system.
- Waterproof: Complete waterproof performance.
- Fog Proof: 100% fog proof 50mm rifle scope under 300 dollars.
- Twilight System: Twilight Light Management System for low light operations.
- Tested: Passed the recoil tests on the punisher.
- Manufactured In: Made in the United States.
- Length: The VX-Freedom 3×9 50mm scope is 12.10 inches long.
- Field of View: Linear field of view has a range of 33.1 feet to 13.6 feet/100 yards.
- Eye Relief: Eye Relief is from 4.17 inches to 3.66 inches.
- Elevation Adjustment Range: 60 MOA Elevation adjustment range.
- Windage Adjustment Range: 60 MOA Windage adjustment range.
- Exit Pupil: Exit pupil is 5.9mm.
- Objective Length: Obj length is 3.81 inches.
- Eyepiece Length: Eyepiece is 3.50 inches long.
- Eyepiece Dia: The Diameter of the eyepiece is 1.56 inches.
- Height: 50mm high rifle scope.
- Material: Fabricated from 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum.
- Finish: Matte Black color finish.
- Warranty: This 50mm scope is guaranteed for Life.
The new VX-Freedom 3×9 50mm scope is an ideal choice for an endless list of rifle-topping tasks.
With its Twilight Light Management System and 50mm wide objective lens, it delivers the unfailing performance that serious hunters and shooters demand for decades.
The 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum material, US made quality, and Military standard scratch resistant lenses make it an extremely durable tool that will last a lifetime.
Moreover, it has passed all the tests on punisher to survive all the unfavorable conditions.
Pros and Cons of Leupold 50mm Scope under 300 Dollars
Monstrum Tactical 6 24 x 50mm scope on AR
Features and Specifications:
Magnification: This Monstrum Tactical 50mm scope on AR comes with a power of 6x to 24x.
Tube Size: Ultra wide main tube having diameter of 30mm.
Reticle: Features an Illuminated Rangefinder reticle for better visibility in low light environments.
Reticle Focal Plane: Reticle is positioned in the first focal plane to remain constant regardless of power.
Illumination Color: You can choose between red and green color illumination.
Illuminated: Comes with multiple illumination intensities for both red and green color.
Battery: This 50mm tactical scope uses CR2032A Battery.
Color: Comes in Flat Dark Earth or black colors.
Lens Coating: Full Multilayer coatings for clear image of the target.
Weight: This best 50mm rifle scope under 500 weighs only 18.9 oz.
Length: Overall length of this scope is 15.5 inches.
Fabric: Main tube is fabricated from 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum.
Water Resistance: Nitrogen Sealed scope for water resistance functionality.
Eye Relief (Low Mag): At 6x, Eye Relief is 4.5 inches.
Eye Relief (High Mag): At 24x Power, its eye relief is 4 inches.
Adjustable Objective: Adjustable objective lens for fast focus of the target.
Windage Adjustments: 80 MOA Windage Adjustments.
Elevation Adjustments: 80 MOA Elevation Adjustments.
Warranty: Offers 1 year warranty and customer supports.
Monstrum Tactical scope carries an illuminated rangefinder reticle that comes with multiple brightness intensities for better reticle visibility from dawn to dusk.
There are two illumination colors for this reticle, you can switch between red and green colors. The Illumination is controlled by a touch button.
Reticle of this Monstrum Tactical 6 24 x 50mm scope on AR is positioned in the first focal plane, so it remains constant regardless of magnification power of the scope.
It helps in quick range estimation and holdover correction. The wide range of magnification along with a massive 50mm objective lens allow you to hunt or shoot from a distance of up to 1500+ Yards.
Pros and Cons of Monstrum Tactical 6 24 x 50mm scope on AR
Vortex 50mm Scope [Best 50mm Hunting scope]
Features and Specifications:
Reticle: Vortex Optics Crossfire II has a Dead-Hold BDC reticle that is ideal for hunting and shooting at varying ranges.
Focal Plane: Scale of reticle remains same because it is the second focal plane scope.
Illumination: This vortex 50mm scope is non Illuminated.
Ideal For: Best for hunting and shooting at varying ranges.
Adjustable Obj: The adjustable objective allows for quick image focus and parallax removal.
Single Piece Tube: Single-Piece Tube made from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for maximum strength in the field.
Adjustment Graduation: Quarter MOA per click graduation.
Power: Wide range of power ranges from 6x to 24x.
Travel Per Rotation: The Travel per rotation value of this scope is 15 MOA.
Parallax Setting: Parallax setting ranges from 10 yards to infinity.
Max Elevation Adjustment: Maximum Elevation adjustment is 40 MOA.
Max Windage Adjustment: The max value of windage adjustments is also 40 MOA.
Length: Length of this best scope under 300 is 14.5 inches.
Weight: Weight is 23.6 oz.
O ring Sealed: It prevents moisture, dust and debris from entering the scope.
Nitrogen Purged: It saves from internal fogging.
Shockproof: The solid construction of this scope makes it able to withstand heavy recoil.
Turret Style: Comes with Capped turret style.
Field of View: Field of view is from 17.3 to 4.4 feet/100 yards.
Eye Relief: The Eye Relief is 4 inches.
Lens Material: High quality glass for unmatchable clarity in the field.
Optical Coatings: Proprietary coatings allow the glass to gather maximum light for a brighter image.
Hard Anodized Finish: Highly durable hard Anodized Finish.
Fast Focus Eyepiece: For quick reticle focusing.
Color: Comes in Black color.
Warranty: Vortex Optics VIP Lifetime Warranty.
Another scope on our list of best 50mm rifle scope under 500 is from Vortex Family.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6×24 50mm offers fast and powerful performance at a much more friendly price. This 50mm hunting scope is designed with strength, lightness and durability in mind.
We’ll give you a quick glimpse at the most impressive features of this Vortex 50mm scope.
Powerful 6-24x magnification, huge 50mm objective lens, and an ultra wide 30mm tube is an ideal combination for long range precision.
For maximum optical clarity in any weather condition, this scope is O-ring sealed and Nitrogen gas purged.
Pros and Cons of Vortex 50mm Scope [Best 50mm Hunting Scope]
Nikon 50mm Scope [Best 50mm Scope Under 500]
Features and Specifications:
- Magnification Type: Magnification type of this Nikon 50mm scope is Variable.
- Magnification: Power has a range from lowest 4x to highest 16x.
- Tube Diameter: Main Tube is 30mm wide.
- Weight: Overall weight is 23.3 oz.
- Overall Length: Overall this 50mm tactical scope is 14.8 inches long.
- Reticle: It carries a FX-MRAD reticle.
- Focal Plane: The position of the reticle is the First Focal plane.
- Illumination: Non-Illuminated Reticle.
- Waterproof: Full waterproof performance even in unfavorable environments.
- Fogproof: Nitrogen purging provides reliability against internal fogging.
- Shockproof: Rugged construction shrugs off rigorous field use.
- Matte Finish: Scope finish is Matte black.
- Fabric: Fabricated from Aircraft-grade Aluminum Alloy.
- Glass: Lead and arsenic free glass for uncompromising performance.
- Coatings: Full Multilayer Coatings to maximize light transmission.
- Zoom Ratio: 4x Zoom Ratio.
- High Speed Turrets: High Speed Turrets are marked for quick Elevation and Windage adjustments.
- Eye Relief: At 4x, Eye Relief is 4 inches and at 16x, it is 3.6 inches.
- Eyepiece: Fast focus eyepiece to get the target quickly.
- Adjustment Type: Adjustment Type of this best 50mm scope is Mil Rad.
- Click Value: Turret Adjustment click value is 0.1 Mil Rad.
- Elevation Adjustment Details: Max Elevation Turret details is 17 MRAD.
- Windage Adjustment Details: Maximum Windage Turret adjustment is 17 MRAD.
- Exit Pupil: Exit Pupil of Nikon Black FX1000 has a range of 3.1 to 12.5 mm.
- Field of View: Linear field of view ranges from lowest 6.8 ft at 16x to highest 27.2 ft at 4x/100 yards.
- Parallax Adjustment: You can adjust Parallax from 50 yards to infinity.
- Scope Turret Rotation: Turrets can be rotated in counter clockwise direction.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Offers Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty.
This Nikon 50mm scope addresses the needs of those who want a high quality and low cost FFP scope for precision shooting.
Glass etched FX-MRAD reticle is located in the front focal plane to provide excellent details and contrast across all magnification range.
The adjustment knobs are clearly marked and provide 10 MRAD adjustments per revolution.
For quick return to zero, the Nikon Black FX1000 features a new return to zero stop. The Side Parallax adjustment knob allows you to adjust the parallax without changing your position.